This scholarship is for a high school senior who plans a career in theatre education. Applicants can obtain an application from their theatre teacher or school counselor at the end of their junior year.
To be eligible the applicant must:
- Be a senior in the year the award is presented.
- Plan to declare a major or minor in Theatre at a college, university or art institute, with the goal of becoming a theatre educator
- Be a dedicated theatre student
- Have at least a 2.0 GPA
Applicants will provide:
- A completed application form
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s high school theatre teacher
- An essay of between 800-1000 words about the applicant’s view on the role of theatre, educational theatre, the value of arts in education, and their goals.
Applications must be received no later than May 1.
(which precedes the Southern High School Theatre Festival).
Applications may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
17127 Gault Street,
Van Nuys, CA 91406
- Award committee will consist of three members who are either a high school theatre teacher or college/university theatre teacher.
- Recipient will be selected and notified by June 1st.
- Recipient must send proof of registration and declared major or minor in Theatre, in the student’s name by October 15th of their freshman year in college.
- Funds will then be sent to the recipient by the CETA Treasurer.
- The scholarship is paid through yearly contributions/donations from interested parties.
Donations to any of these scholarships are greatly appreciated. Please make your tax-deductable check payable to CETA. Be sure to designate the specific scholarship to which you want to contribute. Send your contribution to California Educational Theatre Association, 8033 Sunset Blvd, #440, Los Angeles, CA, 90046.
Full List of Scholarships