WHAT IS CETA?
The California Educational Theatre Association (CETA) exists to develop & promote the highest standards in teaching, learning, networking, curriculum, professional development, research, scholarship, production and accreditation criteria from Pre--K through entry to university level theatre education. CETA provides a professional California Association for you.
IS MEMBERSHIP AFFORDABLE?
Yes! Only $75.00 in membership dues gives you a year of resources, events & contacts.
WHAT IF I AM RETIRED OR A CURRENT COLLEGE/ UNIVERSITY STUDENT?
Membership is only $25.00 for Emeritus & College/University Students.
WHAT KIND OF RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME
IF I JOIN CETA?
- We offer annual conferences at which teachers can learn about production and teaching strategies to tackle many issues associated with running a theatre arts program.
- Networking opportunities online and at all CETA conferences, festivals and Events.
- Connect with fellow theatre educators who understand why you do all you do for your students and how to make things easier.
- Periodic CETA newsletters & updates are sent to CETA Members about various Theatre Ed opportunities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with CA EdTA, DTASC, and the Tri--theatre Education Associations on projects & events.
- Discount rates to Theatre conferences and festivals.
- Links to job offers & theatre resources.
- Link to lesson plans
- An up--to--date workshop presenter database.
- Periodic complimentary theatre tickets to Los Angeles and northern California productions.
- Communication from CETA's Past Presidents' Council regarding fundraising events & scholarships.
- Opportunities for professional development.
DOES CETA OFFER SCHOLARSHIPS & GRANTS TO HELP WITH MY PROGRAM?
Yes! CETA offers theatre teacher & student scholarships.
DOES CETA OFFER AWARDS TO THEATRE EDUCATORS AND/OR INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS?
Yes! CETA recognizes leaders in the field of California theatre education. CETA Members have the opportunity to nominate colleagues for the annual CETA Awards, presented at the annual CETA Conference.
WHAT EVENTS WILL I HAVE ACCESS TO?
Click on the links below for more event information.
Annual CETA Conference
Middle Stage Fest
Nor Cal High School Theatre Festival
Southern High School Theatre Festival
CA Youth in Theatre Day (CYIT)
WHAT DOES CETA DO IN REGARDS TO LEGISLATIVE ACTION?
We make connections with state legislators through mail, visits, & phone calls on a regular basis. CETA members are involved with state committees for the advancement of CA Single Subject Credentials in Theatre and Dance. We recommend policies for expanded teaching/learning methodologies & work with CAAE, CAC and CREATE CA to further the cause of Arts Education in CA schools.
Our POSITION PAPER is a published document that helps CA state & local legislators and school districts determine the acceptable content of the theatre arts programs K-12, including courses offered to meet the state graduation requirement or for entry into a state college or university.
We offer CA YOUTH IN THEATRE DAY (CYIT), a celebration of theatre for a day in Sacramento for student advocacy.
MY PROGRAM IS IN DANGER OF BEING CUT. WHAT CAN CETA DO FOR ME?
We advocate for improved teaching support systems for theatre education. We will represent your causes with statewide arts organizations & offer networking among teachers on how to advocate for your program. We keep you updated with legislative issues and help you feel that no matter what problems you have teaching theatre, you are not alone.