SceneWorks is an 8 minute scene presentation competition. Registered schools may sign up to be part of this on Saturday of the High School Theatre Festival. The winner will perform on the main stage during the award ceremony.
All schools statewide are eligible for the Scene Works Competition based upon the following criteria:
Your school was not adjudicated OR
Your Fall Production is not chosen for a MainStage spot or the Festival of Scenes.
Guidelines are as follows:
· Reservations will be taken after the winners of Main Stage (1st Place) and Festival of Scenes (2nd and 3rd Pace) are announced after the first week of December. Reserve your spot by visiting:
- Reservations will be taken on a first come, first served basis.
- There are sixteen (16) spots open (eight (8) for each session). Once these are filled, a “waiting list" will be started in case a school(s) drops out.
- Each participating school enters ONE (1) scene. The maximum time limit is eight (8) minutes. Schools risk disqualification if their scene exceeds eight (8) minutes.
- The scene may be a published or original scene of your choosing.
- The final date for a SceneWorks entries is December 31st.
- You must have all of the following information in order for your entry to be accepted – no exceptions. If your information is incomplete, you get “bumped” until your info is complete.
Title of Play or Title of Scene
All Actors with Character names