VIVIAN BISH SCHOLARSHIP
The grant is given to a high school senior from Southern California who plans to major or minor in theatre in their post-secondary education with the goal of becoming a theatre educator.
To be eligible the applicant must:
· Be a senior in the year the award is presented
· Plan to declare a major or minor in Theatre at a college, university or art institute, with the goal of becoming a theatre educator
· Be a dedicated theatre student
· Have at least a 2.0 GPA
Applicants will provide:
· a completed application form
· a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s high school theatre teacher
· an essay of between 800-1000 words about the applicant’s view on the role of theatre, educational theatre, the value of arts in education, and their goals.
Applications must be received no later than December 31st (which precedes the Southern High School Theatre Festival).
· Award committee will consist of three members who are either a high school theatre teachers or college/university theatre teachers.
· If there are more than ten applicants the field will be narrowed by the committee to ten finalists by January 3rd.
· These ten finalists will be notified by letter and must attend the CETA Southern High School Theatre Festival to be interviewed by the committee on the Saturday of the festival.
· The Scholarship Award will be presented at the Awards Ceremony on Sunday of the festival.
· Recipient must send proof of registration and declared major or minor in Theatre, in the student’s name, by October 15th of their freshman year in college.
· Funds will be sent then be sent to the recipient by the CETA Treasurer.