California State Thespian Festival offers a variety of opportunities for budding student directors. Partnered with fellow students and adult leaders those selected as Assistant Directors and Choreographers will help bring to life various performances. Opportunities can vary from year to year but can include Opening and Closing Number, as well as PlayWorks. Should you be interested please complete the following Assistant Director and Choreographer Application by January 31.
How to Apply:
- Step 1: Record a video or audio (3 minutes or less) of yourself answering at least 2 of the following questions:
- What interests you about being an AD or Choreographer at Festival?
- What has been your biggest challenge with directing, assistant directing, or choreographing? Or what has been your biggest challenge in any leadership role? How did you overcome it?
- What strengths do you bring to a diverse group of people working together on a show or project?
- Tell us about your organizational skill set.
- Tell us about your creative, directing, or dance skill set.
- Step 2: Upload this recording to google drive, set the sharing to “anyone with a link can view”, and be prepared to enter the sharing link on the application page. You may also upload to YouTube and share that link on the application page. Just be sure to ensure seetings are set appropriately so the adjudicators can view.
- Step 3: Complete the application below.
Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org