The Ellis Jordan Scholarship is awarded to Sophomore and Junior Thespians who have never attended the International Thespian Festival in Bloomington, Indiana. This scholarship covers the basic registration fee to attend this festival and does not cover transportation costs. CA State Thespians does not register the student for the festival, which is solely the recipient’s responsibility. Each Thespian Troupe attending the CA State Festival may submit a maximum of two applications for this scholarship.
To complete an Ellis Jordan Scholarship Application you will need to upload the following. Please prepare these items prior to continuing with the application process as you will need to upload digital copies prior to submitting them.
The Ellis Jordan Scholarship is reviewed and its recipients are decided upon by committee based on the candidate’s application. Those who are selected will be announced at the California State Thespian Festival, and recipients must be registered and attending Festival throughout the event.
The following items will need to be uploaded with your application, so please prepare them in advance.
- Resume: one page (8.5 x 11) Resume which includes personal information, performance, and technical theatre experiences, training, special talents, club affiliations, honors, awards, and other theatre-related information.
- A signed Troupe Director/Sponsor Recommendation.
This could be as simple as a signed statement of support from your Troupe Director. Your Troupe Director may submit directly to email@example.com.
- GPA Verification form signed by High School Academic Counselor
If you don’t have a pre-designed school form please feel free to use the following GPA Verification Form. Your Troupe Director or Counselor may also submit directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Personal Statement: one page (8.5 x 11) typed personal statement answering the prompt:
“Why I want to attend the International Thespian Festival and how I plan to share my experience with my Director/Sponsor and Thespian Troupe.”
- Headshot: 3”x 5” or larger photo.
- All scholarship recipients will receive a letter from the scholarship coordinator explaining the process to claim scholarships.
- It is the responsibility of scholarship recipients to send proof of registration, enrollment or completion to the State Director in order to claim their scholarship by September 30th of the year awarded. Requests received after the deadline will not be honored.
- If issued a scholarship, CA State Thespians does not register you for the program/event selected. All follow up is the responsibility of the recipient.
When you click submit below, you will receive a confirmation of your submission. You can also use that confirmation to make any edits necessary to your application.
Should you have any application or pre-festival questions please reach out to the scholarship coordinator.
Our 2020 Scholarship Coordinator is Michele Richardson and she can be reached at email@example.com