I am currently teaching theatre. Do I have to take the CSET?
Yes, even if you have one or more theatre degrees.

When can I take the CSET?
CSETs for theatre will be available in the Fall of 2021.

What do I do after I complete the CSET?
You will need to take a university-approved methodology course in order to receive the credential.

When and where can I take the methodology course?
Cal State East Bay will have a methodology course available in the Spring of 2022. Right now, they are the most prepared program to offer this course to currently-credentialed teachers.

I do not have a credential. Where can I obtain one?
Cal State East Bay currently has a pre-service Theatre Ed cohort. They are the first. Additional programs are being developed across the state so check back for more information soon.

Please refer to the infographics below for more information and advice.