CALIFORNIA STATE THESPIAN FESTIVAL 2019
March 28 – March 30, 2019, Highlander Auditorium, Upland CA
Get ready for the best three days of high school theatre in California. The California State Thespian Festival features numerous performances presented by high school students from throughout the state. Students may participate in a variety of workshops led by theatre professionals, perform or view individual performance and tech events, audition for scholarships, shop for theatre merchandise, and hang out with 1200 other California Thespians.
2019 Festival Theme: I am . . . We are . . . Thespians!
As we grow and develop in high school, our character and our story changes: who we are, what we want, and what defines us. As teenagers, we are constantly being told to discover our passions, enhance our abilities, and find out what we are called to do for the rest of our lives. Out of all the unlimited possibilities we could have chosen from, out of all the obstacles and trials we have faced, one thing connects us all: theatre. This festival we encourage you to discover who you are, where you belong, and what you stand for. Who are you? The focus of California State Thespian Festival 2019 is to illuminate and inspire who you are as an individual. It is also a celebration of who we are as a community. We are advocates. We are family. We are Thespians.
REGISTRATION SELF HELP LINKS
- Check to see if your package was received?
- Check your IE Titles Here - Available when Registration Opens
- Check your form submissions here!
- Includes all of your student's submissions such as Scholarships, Short Film, Tech Crew, etc.
- Includes Troupe submissions such as Scenefest, Play Marathon, & Honor Troupe.
2019 HANDBOOK & SCHEDULE
- 2019 Handbook - Coming Soon!
- 2019 Track Assignments - Available Early February!
- 2019 Festival Program - Coming Soon!
- Closing Number Program - Available Early February!
- 2019 Simple Schedule - Coming Soon!
- 2019 Blue Track / Gold Track Schedule Detail - Coming Soon!
- See your Troupe's IE Schedule Here - Available when Registration Closes
- Includes IE's, Scholarship Auditions/Interviews, SceneFest Appointments, Improv Spectacular, and Tech Crew Interview Times
- See your Troupe's Director and Chaperone Jobs Here - Available Early February!
2019 FESTIVAL RELATED EMAILS:
Stay up to date by subscribing to our Festival specific mailing list below!
California State Thespians is inaugurating a new award program for State Festival 2019. After a very successful fundraising drive at the 2018 Festival, we are pleased to announce that our “Send a Thespian” award is available for the upcoming festival. This is an opportunity for Troupe Directors to nominate an outstanding Thespian who cannot afford Festival. The award covers the $100 registration fee and one $25 I.E. fee. Submissions are limited to one student per troupe for this inaugural year, but we are looking to expand and grow this opportunity in the future. Troupe must register for and attend Festival 2019.
To apply, Troupe Directors write a letter of recommendation; signed by the Troupe Director and one of the following: Principal, Assistant Principal or Guidance Counselor. Letters should then be scanned and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2018.
The following are guidelines for the Troupe Director’s recommendation:
- Student’s full name
- High School year of student
- Year student was inducted as a thespian
- Current Troupe office or one previously held (not essential)
- Examples of troupe support and community service
- Student’s involvement in the school’s theatre program
- Why would this student benefit from attending State Festival 2019?
IMPORTANT STEPS AND REMINDERS:
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTIVE SPONSORS AND VENDORS:
The following sponsors help us in providing robust opportunities and amenities for Festival.
These offerings would not be possible without the generous support.