Steps to Register for the 2024 CA State Thespian Festival (CSTF)
We are using a new, simpler registration system this year! This system is linked to the ITS rosters, so all of your inducted students’ information is already loaded.
First, make sure your students and chaperones are in the registration system:
Gather all your attendees’ information using the first tab of the CSTF registration information template (make a copy for yourself). This sheet includes all the information you’ll need from each attendee.
Collect your students’ Thespy information on the second tab of the CSTF registration information template. All Thespys must be registered under only one student’s name.
Gather all non-inducted student and chaperone information using the Import Student spreadsheet.
Send the Import Student spreadsheet to Wilson Pho, who will manually enter your non-Thespians’ information: wpho@
All membership records are maintained by the Educational Theatre Association / International Thespian Society home office. With questions about membership (inducted Thespians missing from your list, etc, reach out to email@example.com
|Registration Rates:||Administrative Fees:
|- Student Thespian: $150||- Change Fee: $35|
|- Student Non-Thespian: $185||- Late Fee: $200
|- Troupe Director: Free|
|- Working Chaperone: Free||Supplemental Event Fees:
|- Non-Working Chaperone: $200||- Thespy Fee (per event): $35
|- Student Tech Crew Application: $35
|Registration includes access to every|
Mainstage Event, all workshops, and
supplemental events that do not
require a pre-Festival sign up
(improvs, late night events, etc).
|- All other Supplemental Student Events: Free
Registering Your Troupe
First, log in to schooltheatre.org.
Use the information you collected on the CSTF registration information template to complete registration for each attendee.
See Video walkthroughs below:
After you have added all of your attendees’ information, hit Submit. This “Order” page can be printed as an invoice.
Please help us avoid processing charges: pay by school/organization check or purchase order. Please do not pay with a credit card.
To make changes to your registration, simply return to the registration portal, and select “Add or Manage Registrations.”
You may edit your troupe’s registration until Jan 31, even after you have clicked “Submit.”
Your registration is considered complete when the following have been received:
- Online troupe registration
- payment postmarked by Jan 31
- Troupe Director and Chaperone Skills & Interests form for yourself and all “Working” Chaperones from your troupe Due March 1.
- signed Health & Liability forms for all attendees from your troupe. The 2024 Health & Liability forms are digital. One signed digital form is due from everyone attending State Festival. You will receive a confirmation email every time a form is submitted; please keep track of which have been completed to ensure that your entire Troupe has completed this required form by January 31.
SIGN THE FORM HERE. Share this link with your chaperones, students & their parents.
Remember that the following attendees must be registered by November 30:
- Any student participating in the following supplemental events:
- Assistant Director, Assistant Choreographer, and Student Dramaturg applications
- Opening Number / Festival Finale auditions
- Festival Finale Student Artistic Team applications
- Student Tech Crew Lead Position applications
- Troupe Director, if registering Early students
- The appropriate number of adult Chaperones for the students above
These attendees must be entered in the online Troupe registration system by Nov 30.
Their event applications must be submitted via Open Water by Nov 30
You may add additional attendees until Jan 31 (or until the event sells out), and submit one check for the combined total, postmarked by Jan 31.