We are pleased to announce that our “Send a Thespian” award is available for California State Thespian Festival. This is an opportunity for Troupe Directors to nominate an outstanding Thespian who cannot otherwise afford Festival. The award covers the $100 registration fee and one $25 I.E. fee. Submissions are limited to one student per troupe. Troupe must register for and attend Festival 2020.
To apply, Troupe Directors write a letter of recommendation; signed by the Troupe Director and one of the following: Principal, Assistant Principal or Guidance Counselor. Letters should then be scanned and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15, 2020.
The following are guidelines for the Troupe Director’s recommendation:
- Student’s full name
- High School year of student
- Year student was inducted as a thespian
- Current Troupe office or one previously held (not essential)
- Examples of troupe support and community service
- Student’s involvement in the school’s theatre program
- Why would this student benefit from attending the State Festival?
- The Troupe Director of the scholarship recipients will receive an email from the scholarship coordinator if selected.
- The Troupe Director will work with the Festival registrar to register and or waive the student fee as appropriate and ensure the IE is registered.
Should you have any application or pre-festival questions please reach out to the scholarship coordinator.
Our 2020 Scholarship Coordinator is Michele Richardson and she can be reached at email@example.com