Welcome California Student Technicians! This is your first step to applying for a Technical Position for the California State Thespian Festival.
We are looking for student technicians, both beginning and advanced experience, to work backstage for the All Festival Events and the All State Show. Working alongside our professional Tech Staff, you will be given a unique opportunity to get hands on experience, network with industry professionals, and learn new skills to take back to your high school theatre. For festival, we will be offering jobs in the following areas:
- Stage Management
- House Management
- Set Construction and Scenic Paint
Expectations for student tech crew:
- The technician call times may require you to be at the Festival earlier than other Festival participants.
- Some of the crew positions take place during workshop sessions and other events, such as dances. You may have to miss events due to rehearsals and work sessions.
- Failure to report to any assigned calls or tardiness will result in reassignment or being cut from the Tech Crew.
- You will be working under the Adult Tech Staff, a group of professional Technicians from various fields of entertainment such as Theatre, Film, Viral Media, Theme Parks, and Special Events.
- We expect you to be respectful and on your best behavior as these people are volunteering their time to spend the weekend with you.
- Respect the Theatre, rehearsal space, gear and Highlander Auditorium Staff members. Pick up after yourself and obey all theatre rules.
After submitting your application, the tech staff will review your resume and application form and notify you of your next steps in the process. You only register online for Tech Crew once, but may apply for up to 3 positions within the application form. You will find the application requirements for each department and position as well the required permission slip on the Forms and More page.
The deadline for all applications is March 1. You must submit a complete application to secure your interview spot. All applications must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you have any questions please contact email@example.com