California Thespian Festival
The California Thespian Festival is the high point of the year for High School Theatre. Imagine a high school populated with nothing but theatre students. This three-day event is open to students from any Thespian-Affiliated school High School.
This is just a partial list of the activities we’ve got lined up for you:
- Students will be able to select from a broad variety of theatre workshops: acting, dancing, technical theatre, playwriting, improv – the list grows every year.
- Students can choose to participate in Individual Events, commonly called IE’s. There are categories for solo and group performers in acting, musical theatre, dance, & tech theatre. Students will be given a written adjudication. IE’s that are highly ranked will qualify to compete at the International Thespian Festival in Lincoln, Nebraska in June.
- Every year students who attend the festival create an All State Show. Students are encouraged to bring a short performance piece that aligns with the All State Show Theme. Tech students are encouraged to apply for the all-state show tech crew.
- Play Marathon, Scenefest, Playworks/CA Playwright
- Dances, Karaoke, Showcase, Music Theatre Trivia
- Undergrad (Summer) Scholarships, Senior Scholarships, CA Honor Thespian Scholarships
- Guest Speakers
- and more!
Check out our What to Bring to Festival resource for assistance with preplanning
The cost is $125 per Thespian delegate, $150 for non-Thespians, and $75 for Chaperones. There is no charge for troupe directors. This includes all festival activities and on-campus meals. Additional fees are charged for Individual Events, tech crew applications, scholarships and the like. For more information on fees please visit the Registration page.
For further information, read the Festival Handbook or contact Anthony Robinson, your California Chapter Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.