There are numerous opportunities for theatre educators and artists to donate their time to California Thespians. We use guest directors and performers throughout the year in various capacities. Judging, workshop performers and technicians are hired for many festival roles.
We are looking for qualified adjudicators for the various events. To be eligible to adjudicate, you must:
Be 21 years of age and one of the following
- Current theatre arts student, senior level
- Graduate student in theatre arts
- Theatre arts educator
- Professional theatre artist
- Be able to give constructive and articulate written feedback to students
- Possess the skills and experience to judge middle and/or high school theatre performances and technical presentations
On the day of a event, the adjudicator must be able to:
- Attend a judges training session
- Follow prescribed adjudication guidelines
- Watch complete performances/presentations
- Complete adjudication sheets as the performance is in progress
- Write criticism that is both constructive and encouraging
- Complete the form and the required rankings
If you are interested in judging at a CA Thespian event, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Guest Artist Workshop Application:
We work to bring our members seven events throughout the year. From Leadership and Technical Training, to our Jr. High and High School Theatre Festivals. Do you have a workshop that you would like to feature at one of our events?
If you would like to lead a workshop at this year’s festival, please fill out the form at THIS LINK.