California Thespians invites you to participate in the annual California Thespian Play Festival.
Not quite sure what its all about, or want more information on this year’s event? We have the answers to
your top 10 questions about the California Thespian Play Festival below:
1. What is it? A festival of plays, presented by California High Schools.
2. When is it? Saturday, January 28, 2017. Applications must be postmarked by Saturday, December 12th.
3. Where is it? Westmont High School in Campbell, California.
4. Who can attend? High Schools and Middle Schools from anywhere in California. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first scheduled basis. The first 10 schools to submit a complete application will be scheduled to perform. If more than 10 schools apply, preference will be given to High Schools with active Thespian Troupes.
5. Is this a competition or a festival? This event has a festival feeling, with students sharing their work with each other but all schools will receive a written and an oral evaluation by a panel of judges. At the end of the day, a first, second and third place will be announced.
6. What kind of piece should I bring? It can be a one-act play or a cutting, as long as it’s no more than 30 minutes long.
7. Can I bring an original play? Yes!
8. How about a musical? Absolutely!
9. So let’s say I win. What then? The first place winner may be invited to perform main stage at the 2017 California Thespian Festival, held from March 30 – April 2, 2017 in Upland, California.
10. How do I sign up? Applications and guidelines for the 2017 event will be coming soon.
Review our information for the 2017 event here: California Thespian Play Festival.
We’ll see you there!