California Thespians invites you to participate in the annual California Thespian Play Festival.
Not quite sure what its all about, or want more information on this year’s event? We have the answers to
your top 10 questions about the California Thespian Play Festival below:
1. What is it? A festival of plays, presented by California High Schools.
2. When is it?
Saturday, January 20, 2018 in the North
Saturday, January 27, 2018 in the South. – Returning This Year!
Check registration forms for submission deadlines.
3. Where is it?
Northern Event: Westmont High School in Campbell, California
Southern Event: Los Alamitos High School in Los Alamitos, California
4. Who can attend? High Schools and Middle Schools from anywhere in California. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first scheduled basis. If more schools apply, priority will be given to High Schools with active Thespian Troupes.
5. Is this a competition or a festival? This event has a festival feeling, with students sharing their work with each other but all schools will receive a written and an oral evaluation by a panel of judges. At the end of the day, a first, second and third place will be announced.
6. What kind of piece should I bring? It can be a one-act play or a cutting, as long as it’s no more than 30 minutes long.
7. Can I bring an original play? Yes!
8. How about a musical? Absolutely!
9. So let’s say I win. What then? The first place winner may be invited to perform main stage at the 2018 California Thespian Festival, held from March 29 – 31, 2018 in Upland, California.
10. How do I sign up? Applications and guidelines for the 2018 event will be coming soon.
Review our information for the 2017 Northern event here: California Thespian Play Festival.
We’ll see you there!